Methods of Payment
We do not accept cash as a method of payment. Course Fees must therefore be paid by any of the following means:
1. By Bank Transfer to the following account:
||Barclays Bank Plc
||16-17 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 1BH, UK
||Delfin English School Ltd
||GB68 BARC 2010 5333 6887 63
2.By credit card – please note there is an additional 1% charge on credit card payments.
3. Online – log on to our website and pay using our online payment option. Please note there is a 1% charge for this method:http://www.delfinschool.com/london/Secure-Payment/bookpay.html
How much will you have to pay?
The amount that you will have to pay will be made up of the following:
1. Course fees, based on the course of choice
2. Enrolment fee
3. Book fee
4. Accommodation fees, if applicable, based on the accommodation of choice
5. Transfer fee, if applicable, for transfer from the airport of your arrival to your accommodation, if selected
How to Enroll
Students may enrol by phone, online, or in person at a Delfin English School. When enrolling, students must complete a Booking Form and submit it along with payment for the course that they are booking. Upon receipt of the Booking Form and payment, your booking will be confirmed.
We do not accept cash as a method of payment. Payment can be made online, by credit or debit card or by bank transfer. If payment is being made by bank transfer you must enclose a copy of the bank transfer with your booking form. All bank charges are the responsibility of the client.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
All cancellations and terminations must be made in writing to the Managing Director or Principal of the Delfin English School where you were going to be studying. Delfin English Schools' Cancellation Policy is as follows:
- For cancellations received up to 7 days prior to the course start date the course fee will be refunded minus a £75 administration penalty.
- For cancellations received 1 to 7 days before the course start date the fee for the first week of the course will not be refunded. The remainder of the course fee paid by the student will be refunded in full.
- If a student withdraws from their course after arrival at the school, they must give at least four (4) weeks advance notice. They will receive a full refund for all remaining weeks after the four-week notice period. Any withdrawal from the course needs to be made in writing to the Managing Director or Principal.
- At least 24 hours is required to cancel an individual lesson without cost. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours' notice will be charged at the full price of the lesson.
- A fee of £200 may be applied to cancellations due to visa refusal (visa refusal documentation required for refunds).
Travel and Medical Insurance
Students from EU countries should obtain form EHIC from their local Social Welfare Office. Any student undergoing medical treatment must provide a medical certificate. Such students should also bring to the UK / Ireland a supply of medicine sufficient to cover their stay. These students should still obtain Health and Travel insurance which covers their stay in the UK / Ireland.
Non-EU students will need to take out their own Health and Travel insurance, and provide Delfin with a copy in English of the certificate for this insurance policy.
DelfinEnglish Schools are open to individual students aged 18 and over. Students under the age of 18 are only accepted at the school when travelling as part of a group with a dedicated group leader.
Delfin English Schools maintain a maximum total number of 15 students per class, with average class sizes of 12 students. Please note that although we guarantee not to exceed the maximum number of students per class, we do not guarantee the class size average. Delfin English Schools reserve the right to cancel any class with fewer than 8 students.
- Delfin English School expects high and consistent attendance at school as this is critical to a student's success and the achievement of their learning goals. Delfin ensures that the monitoring of student attendance is fully compliant with the UK Border Agency Regulations, and that the reporting procedures fulfil all duty of care obligations and sponsors are notified, where appropriate, if attendance lapses.
All students are required to sign an enrolment questionnaire on the first day of their course confirming that they have read Delfin English School’s attendance requirements. Following this:
- If a student is ill they should inform the school and visit a medical doctor and get a medical note to be verified and put on file
- If a student wants a holiday they should inform Delfin staff, and if travelling abroad, bring flight tickets into school to be verified and put on file
Students are marked as absent if they are not in class, and Delfin operates an 80% rule to allow for sickness, trips etc. Delfin Operations staff check to ensure that students are present, and contact any students who are absent for a period of 3 or more consecutive days. General attendance is also checked every week and if a student falls below 80%, the student is contacted.
Students must make sure that they attend any meetings organised by the school to discuss their attendance. Following a meeting, they must work hard to improve their attendance.If attendance does not improve, the student will be asked to attend a meeting with the Principal. Ultimately, a student may be asked to leave the school if they are absent for 10 or more consecutive days or do not improve their attendance to a satisfactory level after a meeting with the Principal.
In the case that students have less than 80% course attendance at the end of their course, they will not be eligible to receive a course certificate.
A few weeks before students leave for their course they will take the Delfin Placement Test online, andupon arrivalwill take a written and oral placement test,to assess their language level and ability. Delfin English School will use these test scores to place the student into the correct level to begin their studies. Students may change into a different level with the agreement of a Delfin Academic Manager or Principal.
Class Schedules and Duration of Lessons
Unless the student has selected to take evening classes, lessons at Delfin English School take place between 9.15am 6.00pm, and have a duration of 3 hours, with a 15 minute break in the middle. Delfin English School reserves the right to hold classes at the weekend.
No classes will be held on Public Holidays. Classes missed for Public Holidays will not be made up at a later date.
Delfin English School reserves the right to cancel a class at any time.
- All students must either book accommodation through Delfin English School, or must provide confirmation of their address if they have their own accommodation.
- The price of all accommodation provided by Delfin English School is as set out in our price list.
- Delfin English School will make every attempt to place students in the accommodation type that they choose at the time of booking. If this is not available a suitable alternative will be offered.
- Accommodation can only be confirmed once payment of both the accommodation and booking fee has been received. Payment must therefore be made prior to arrival.
- If residential accommodation is cancelled 4 weeks or less prior to arrival, the full amount will be refundedless the booking fee and a booking cancellation charge of £250.
- Cancellation of residential accommodationbookings is subject to four weeks' notice in writing once a student is staying in this accommodation type.
- If house share or host family accommodation is cancelled up to 7 days prior to arrival, the student will need to pay for the first week of their stay but will receive a refund for any further weeks.
- Cancellation of house share or host family accommodation bookings will generally be subject to four weeks' notice in writing once the student is staying in this accommodation type.
- All accommodation organised by the school will last from Saturday to Saturday or from Sunday to Sunday.
- Students must inform Delfin English School of their arrival and departure dates. These can only be changed by prior arrangement.
- All students in accommodation organised through Delfin must follow our conduct requirements and any accommodation rules at all times.
- Students staying in accommodation organised through Delfin must not cause damage to property or persons, cause disturbance or nuisance, or be abusive or disrespectful to anyone.
- Delfin reserves the right to remove from its accommodation any student who fails to follow the rules of that accommodation
General Terms and Conditions
Protection for Our Customers
In order to ensure the well-being of our students, Delfin has established a School Code of Conduct, which all students are expected to follow.
Any students who do not keep to the School Code of Conduct will be dealt with accordingly by the Principal / Managing Director. In extreme cases this may lead to expulsion from the school with no course fees being returned.
Delfin English School will not be liable in any way to the student in the event of any service, contracted to be supplied by Delfin, becoming impossible to supply by reason of industrial dispute or other cause outside of the cause of Delfin English School. Delfin English School will not be liable for loss, damage, or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, save where the liability is expressly imposed beyond exclusion by statute.
Photography and Film Material
By accepting Delfin English School's terms and conditions, the student accepts that Delfin freely can use all photography, film, and sound material that has been created by Delfin and / or Delfin's staff during the trip, without asking further approval from the student.
Delfin English Schools Enrolment, Payment & Course Information 2012-2013